echo do_shortcode(‘[product_list cat=”under500″]’ );
The Best Projectors Under £500 – Top 3
Having a HD TV is great, you get to enjoy and experience your favourite movies, TV shows or console games on the 52″ big screen with 1080p HD resolution and if you’re lucky enough, in 3D.
Imagine you wanted to go bigger, buying a 100″ TV would be your net best bet, however, a 100″ TV would cost you in the region of £15,000 for a half decent model.
If, on the other hand, you cant justify spending that much money, then there is still an option for you to have a big screen in your home. A Projector.
Projectors can get quite expensive for the high end models, however, you don’t necessarily need a high end projector for occasional viewing. You can easily buy a decent HD projector for under £500. If you really wanted, you could find an even cheaper projector on this article reviewing the best projectors under £300. However, when you go for projectors under £300, you will inevitably start losing features however, they are a good entry level option to consider if it is your first projector.
Optoma HD141X Review – Our Number 1
One of the best projectors in this price bracket, The HD141X (learn more here!) from Optoma has an amazing picture quality at 1080p as well as 3D capability and built in sound system at 10 watts. Here are some of the reasons why The HD141X is our number 1 projector;
- 3,000 ANSI Lumens give you the perfect image quality, giving you bright vibrant and perfectly balanced colours excelling your viewing experience
- Ideal for gamers as well as movie enthusiasts alike – giving you a true cinematic experience, whatever you are viewing
- Deep black levels give you a very good black
- Lighter scenes look exceptional even with some ambient light in the room
- 23,000:1 contrast ratio
- Sleek and stylish finish on this relatively small sized projector which is light and easily portable, yet still manages to pack a punch with the output
- Built in 10w speakers are ideal for good sound quality – may not be as loud as a cinema but it is adequate for a room – if you need louder and more hard hitting sound then check Amazon for some sound bars which would pair up nicely
- MHL Connectivity allows you to connect your smart phone, tablet or other portable device to watch media or view images, or play music
- Two HDMI connections which are much needed in connecting your laptop, gaming console, Bluray player or any other media playing device
- Backlit infrared remote control
- Keystone correction to straighten the picture very easily
- Optional 3D mode to bring you inside the action, whether it’s a movie you’re watching or a game you’re playing
Bottom line, this is a very good projector. Whether it is movies, TV, sports or gaming – this projector will give you bright, smooth high resolution 1080p video also capable of 3D.
For the price range it is a very good buy!
Epson EH-TW5200 Review – Number 2
Epson bring us The EH-TW5200 projector. While the price changes from just under £500 to just over £500, I have still put it this post because it is a very good projector.The EH-TW5200 is a projector aimed at gamers in particular because it delivers amazingly bright 2D and 3D graphics ideal for gaming.
Here are some of its features that has earned it the number 2 position;
- Screen size capable from 30″ to 300″
- Keystone correction ensures the image is straight with minimal effort
- A great 15,000:1 contrast ratio which is enhanced by Epson’s 3LCD technology
- HDMI and MHL ports to allow you to play videos, check the holiday pictures and play music directly from your smart phone or tablet
- No lag time – perfect for games who need that precision and accuracy – switch to “fast mode” so the video is projected without delay where the split-second response can be the difference between winning the race or coming in second place
- The 3D picture quality is amazingly bright as a result of the luminance enhancement technology from Epson
- As covered on the home page, The EH-TW5200 uses CLO (colour light output) to measure the brightness and sharpness of the colours as opposed to just measuring the brightness with Lumens.
- The EH-TW5200 has a CLO of 2,000 Lumens giving you exceptionally bright colours with a decent black
- 2 HDMI connectors – so you can have one connected to your satellite or cable receiver and one to your gaming console
- A composite video input
- D-Sub PC port
- RS232 control port
- USB port – so you can play downloaded media
- Stereo audio inputs and outputs
The EH-TW5200 is a very good projector designed for gamers. Movies will still look very good on this projector, but the video graphics is more suited to gaming.
If you are a serious gamer and want to enjoy your experience on a 100″ screen so you can be part of the action, then The EH-TW5200 is definitely for you.
BenQ TH681 Review – Number 3
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- 3,000 Lumens
- Triple Flash Technology which improves the distribution of frame rates in 3D viewing giving you an equal frame rate per eye enhancing your 3D experience providing plenty of depth making the video almost “touchable”
- Bluray 3D supported at full 1080p resolution
- Power saving feature – enhancing the life of The TH681’s lamp
- SmartEco mode which maximises power saving by only using the amount of light necessary without compromising on the picture quality
- Auto power off
- Low input lag
The TH681 proves to be a decent quality projector. For a budget projector at a reasonable price, you will get good video and especially good 3D quality, thanks to The Triple Flash Technology, from The TH681.