||Epson EH-TW6100||Full 3D – 1080p – 40,000:1 contrast – 2,300 ANSI Lumens – 10W speaker – Keystone correction||High-End||VIEW PRICE HERE!|
||Optoma HD141X||Full 3D – 1080p – 23,000:1 contrast – 3000 ANSI Lumens – 10W speaker||Mid-Range||VIEW PRICE HERE!|
||Epson EH-TW3200||1080p – 25000:1 contrast – 1800 ANSI Lumens||High-End||VIEW PRICE HERE!|
The Best Projectors For Home Cinema – Top 3
Cinematic experience at home has come a long way over the past several years. Having large, flat, wide screen televisions which are affordable has made all the difference in the world to us. Watching your favourite movie on a 52″ TV is great, but what if you could watch your favourite movie on a 100″ wall? Now that would be the true experience of cinema – at home!
Much like large screen televisions, projectors have also come down in price to make them more affordable to the masses. A decent projector used to cost well in excess of £5000 which would not be an option to your average house hold. With the top brands like Epson, Optoma, Sony, JVC and BenQ competing in the home projector space; the good news for us is they are now affordable.
You can buy a good projector for around the same price as a good quality flat screen TV. A good quality projector would show bright colours, decent blacks, it would be sharp and easy to use.
I prefer a projector over a TV and always have because of the flexibility, portability and quality you get. My only comment with projectors is the sound quality can be quite poor. Not to say the sound quality from TV’s are much better, but they do tend to have more power – which doesn’t necessarily mean quality.
Good sound compliments good video and both go hand in hand to make a great cinematic experience regardless of whether it is a movie you are watching or a game you are playing or just watching casual TV – you should indulge in your senses.
Epson EH-TW6100 Review – Our Number 1
A full HD LCD projector from Epson, The EH-TW6100 (VIEW PRICE HERE!) projects amazing quality picture, and in particularly excels in the active 3D video – no wonder why it has one product of the year award in its category. Here are some of its key features;
- Amazing detailed texture projection – detailing skin tone, fabrics and other very fine objects exceptionally well doing an amazing job at being convincing and life-like
- 3LCD Technology
- With the 3D mode, you get an amazing depth to your video which makes The EH-TW6100 really stand out
- High frame rate videos are displayed smooth and flawless
- Keystone correction for the perfect image
- 2,300 Lumens giving you really good brightness in the picture
- 40,000:1 contrast ratio
- 10 watt speakers embedded so you can enjoy sound if you do not have a separate sound system
- Front facing ventilation so it is possible to sit next to the projector without being interrupted by the air from the fan
- Low noise fan
- CLO (Colour Light Output) as with any other Epson projector to show off the light in all of its colours
A very good project, which excels particularly at the 3D video viewing. While its 2D picture quality is great, it is the 3D that really gives The EH-TW6100 its edge.
It has an extremely bright picture that you could even enjoy in the day light. It has front facing fans which is a very good feature, it is easy to use and good value for money.
Optoma HD141X Review – Number 2
One of Amazon’s best sellers. by Optoma runs on the DLP technology, produces excellent image quality and is lightweight and portable enough for you to take on your travels. When in use, it projects vibrant colours producing a great 1080p video. The HD141X is cheaper than some of the other projectors, yet packs a very good set of features and is still a good quality product. Here are some of the reasons why The HD141X is a very good buy;
- 23,000:1 Contrast ratio
- DLP Technology
- An extremely bright, 3,000 ANSI Lumens will give you amazing brightness, showing off the projector at all levels with a very good colour brightness
- Built in 10 watt speakers give you decent sound, however if you want true cinema sound quality with deep bass and crisp treble which is loud then check out the best sound bars here
- Two HDMI ports allow easy connectivity to your games console, laptop, Bluray or other device able to play videos
- USB port for direct media playing – so play all types of video files that you have downloaded directly from your projector
- Decent black levels allow for a good mix of contrasting colours
- The perfect projector for gamers as well as movie fans. With its true 1080p video resolution, gaming is taken to a whole new level and you can become part of the movie when watching in HD Bluray
- MHL Connectivity to easily connect to your smart phone, tablet or any other portable device for instant viewing of media files
- Keystone correction to make life extremely easy to straighten and optimise your picture
- A very good brightness at 3,000 Lumens allow you to see a very good resolution even in ambient room lighting
A very good projector and more than anything else, it is very affordable. What you get for your money with The HD141X is amazing value for money. Working DLP technology with 3,000 Lumens powering an amazing 1080p resolution image you cannot go wrong with The HD141X. Whether its gaming or watching movies or sport – become part of the action rather than just watching it.
A very good price point and even judging by individual customer reviews, you really do get the most out of your investment.
Epson EH-TW3200 Review – Number 3
A very good projector which is packed full of features and is available for under £1000.00. With high quality picture using its 3LCD technology, bright video at 18,000 Lumens you can even watch video on the projector without drawing the curtains. Here are some of the best features for The EH-TW3200;
- Amazing high quality 1080p video resolution
- 3LCD Technology
- Projection screen size up to 300″ – like watching a movie in the cinema or an absolute dream for a gamer – like playing a game in the cinema!!
- Bright enough that you don’t need to draw the curtains to see clearly
- Exceptionally easy to set up and connect to your TV, Bluray player or your games console with HDMI connection
- Adjustable and very clever zoom & lens to give you that perfect picture
- As with any Epson projector you get a very good CLO (Colour Light Output) – amazing colours which are bright as well as vibrant
- Good black quality
- 25,000:1 contrast ratio
- Excellent, out of the box greyscale
- Quiet fan noise compared to other projectors
- Good colours before calibration and very accurate colours which look amazing after calibration
- 3 year guarantee – at home repair or replace by the manufacturer
The EH-TW3200 is a beyond-perfect projector for a home cinema. The image quality will be bright, colours vibrant and the video resolution smooth running at a 1080p quality.
It has the ability to project video size up to 300″, so you just need a screen that size or a wall that large and you can have your own cinema in your home.
Whether its gaming or movies, The EH-TW3200 will put you right in the action.